Riga is only a 1,5 hour flight from Moscow, so it makes this an ideal location for a city trip. Riga is a very pretty, cozy and fun city with many things to do for both kids & adults. You can discover the city by boat, by bus or by foot. Also at night Riga is a very lively city with many bars & terraces. And if the weather is nice don't forget to visit "Jurmala" (30 minute taxi drive) where you can enjoy the beach, forest and the nice restaurant "Bar&Grill 36 Line" with beach view.
Restaurant tips from our Latvian friend:
- Muusu Terace (International). Great views at the harbor, terrace and food
- Riviera (seafood). Classical but high quality
- Rossini (Italian).
- Vina Studija (winebar)
- Vill Ámor (International). It has a small playroom for kids at the back
- B-Bars (International). In the old town
- St. Petrus (International & seafood). In the old town
We stayed in an apartment at the "Colonel Suites&Apartments" conveniently located in the old town. These are new, comfortable and nicely decorated apartments on the main square. Breakfast is served at the restaurant below.
Enjoy this vibrant city!
Photo credits: Bianca Gommers, Latvia travel, Facebook