12.00 1500 RUB
A surprisingly under-rated district where we you find a palace with the longest colonnade in Moscow, a notorious Lefortovo prison, a monument to a French pilot and the first ever park (not a garden, not a forest - a park) in an entire Russia. Also it is the only district of Moscow named after a foreigner - a Swiss citizen Franz Lefort, a closest friend and an advisor of Peter the Great. On the banks of Yauza river Peter built a palace for Lefort and they threw parties for hundreds of people there together. This area soon gained such prestige, that monarchs also began to prefer this remote district of Moscow for their residences. One of them - a palace with the longest colonnade in Moscow built for Catherine the Great, will be in the focus of our attention.
Some other foreigners lives got closely interconnected with the area. We will talk about:
A French pilot who fought in the Soviet army during the WW2 as a member of the famous Normandie Squadron.
A Dutch doctor Nicolas Bidloo - a personal physician of Peter the Great and the founder of a the first Russian hospital.
Participation: 1500 rub